Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Weekend Away

Sewing? You mean I'm supposed to talk about sewing on here?

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) things have been a little crazy around here lately and I haven't had time to sit and enjoy that pretty craft room of mine.

Last weekend I met up with my college girlfriends for our annual girls' trip. Charleston this year - which, although I've visited numerous times, still charmed and surprised me. We, as always, had a great time - tons of great food and drinks, lots of laughs and the instantaneous fall into talking like old friends even though some of us haven't seen each other in a few years.



Each year work seems to go crazy the second week in June - just as I'm preparing for this trip - and I spend a few days wondering how I'm going to get it all done. I've often had the 'sitting on the edge of the bed, head in my hands, there's no way I'm going to make it' moments days before the trip but somehow it's always worked out and, the minute I've arrived at that year's destination, after being ambushed with the type of hugs that seem to last forever - the ones where you squeeze the person so hard hoping that the more you squeeze, the more love you can fit in - I know there's no place I'd rather be.

I'm lucky to have such good friends.

0 comments: